The Voltaic Generator is the first solar bag powerful enough to charge a laptop.
The Voltaic Generator Solar Laptop Charger powers a mobile office. It uses high efficiency solar cells to generate maximum power in the limited space available. It includes a battery pack custom designed to efficiently store and convert the electricity generated. It can also charge cell phones and most other hand held electronics. The indicator light inside the handle shows when the panels are generating a charge.
Generator Bag Features:
- Battery pack (included) efficiently stores the equivalent of a typical laptop charge and automatically delivers the required output voltages
- Adaptors for most common devices are included for easy connection to laptops, phones and other handheld electronics
- Other devices can connect via USB or car charger
- Fully padded laptop sleeve: Fits up to a 17" MacBook Pro
- Silicon Handle with LED logo: Logo lights up when light hits the panels
- Wire channels: placed throughout the bag for headphones, bladder tubes etc.
- Fabric is made from recycled PET (soda bottles) and is waterproof, lightweight and UV resistant
- Volume: 700 cubic inches (12 liters)
- Dimensions: 17 inches high x 12 inches wide x 3.5 inches deep (43cm x 31cm x 9cm)
4.5 lbs (2,050 grams) including battery and solar panels
Charcoal or Silver
Solar Charger Specifications:
- 15 Watt Solar Panel generates power in sunlight. It is waterproof, lightweight and built to withstand abuse.
- Power: 15 Watts total peak output at 20 Volts
- Charge times: 1 hour in the sun will provide between 12 and 45 minutes of runtime, depending on your laptop. 1 hour in the sun is typically sufficient to charge most cell phones and other handheld electronics.
- Universal Battery stores power for use anytime and is specially designed to charge efficiently from solar. When not in the sun, the battery can be charged using the AC travel charger making it just as useful on the grid as off
- Charge times: Battery will be fully charged from 5 hours of direct sun.
- Capacity: 70 Watt hour capacity Output: 19V, 16V, 12V and 5V
Not all manufacturers enable charging from external batteries and the included adaptors do not fit all laptops.
For optimal charging, this product works best with 15 inch computers or smaller.
- Apple: All , with optional adapter. Pro +1hr run time, Air+4hrs. Acer:
- Aspire One
- Asus: 13”-15” models, but not EEE models
- Dell: Inspiron, XPS, Latitude, not Mini.
- Fujistu: U and P Series
- Gateway: UC, T, M, and MD series.
- HP: Mini, Touch Smart, Pavilion DV2 and DV3
- Lenovo: Thinkpad X and T series
- Sony: TT and TZ series , not SR series.
- Toshiba: Portege series, not Satellite
*Results may vary by model, but laptops by Apple, Dell, HP, IBM/Lenovo and Panasonic typically charge well. Brands less likely to charge include Fujitsu, Sony and Toshiba. Returns will be accepted for refund of any bags in new condition for up to 60 days from purchase. For more information, please email: email@example.com.
Voltaic Keep it Running Warranty:
Voltaic Systems solar panels and bags are warrantied for defects in materials or workmanship for two years from the date of purchase. Batteries are warrantied for one year from the date of purchase. Battery cells generally operate for 300-500 charge cycles, so there is a more limited life.
Voltaic Systems will repair or replace any components that fail in normal use during this time period. After this period, they will replace any part for 30% of the retail price as long as the part is in stock and that proof is provided that you purchased the bag new. You will be responsible for any transportation cost. This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accident or unauthorized alterations or repairs. Voltaic Systems will refund purchases returned within 30 days in new condition.
We want you to get many years of productive use from Voltaic products. This is good for the environment as you are generating off-grid power and not buying new products that require energy to produce. To make sure their products last, Voltaic uses rugged fabric and makes strong panels that can withstand the rigors of everyday use. In addition, most of their products are modular, which means you can easily swap in a replacement part if one component fails.
There are no comments for this product.