The Voltaic Converter Solar Backpack is made with recycled PET and features a streamlined design for commuting and short trips. With 4 Watts of power, this lightweight bag will quickly charge all of your handheld electronics, such as cell phones, iPads*, satellite phones, PDAs, GPSs, iPods, and cameras. A padded laptop sleeve and sizable front pocket keeps everything secure and in easy reach.
- Battery pack (included) stores power until you need it – great for outdoor enthusiasts
- 4 watts of solar power for fast charging (1 hour in the sun = 3 hours of talk time)
- Up to 19 hours talk time or 48 hours music playback.
- Indicator light inside the logo shows when the panels are generating a charge
- One main compartment with 4 interior pockets, iPod or sunglass pocket, laptop sleeve and front pocket for charging and small electronics.
- Connect to Devices via 5 standard adapters (micro usb, mini usb, nokia, and 2 universals)
- Dedicated padded laptop pocket fits up to a 17" laptop
- Wire channels throughout the bag for headphones, water bladder tubes, etc.
- High density padding on the shoulder straps and back
- Mesh backing material for better airflow
- Shell uses 600D fabric made from recycled PET (soda bottles), which is tough, waterproof, lightweight, and UV resistant
- Volume: 970 cubic inches (16 liters), enough room for a laptop and gear for a day trip.
- Dimensions: 18 inches high x 12 inches wide x 6 inches deep (46cm x 31cm x 15cm)
2.7 lbs (1,220 grams) including battery and solar panels
Solar Charger Specifications:
- Two 2.0 Watt Solar Panels generate power in sunlight. They are waterproof, lightweight and built to withstand abuse.
- Power: 4 Watts total peak output at 6 or 12 Volts (selectable depending on charging application)
- Charge times: 4-5 hours in the sun will fully charge a typical phone, 1 hour will provide about 3 hours of talk time.
- Universal USB Battery stores power for use anytime and is specially designed to charge efficiently from solar. When not in the sun, the battery can be charged using the USB Power Cable or optional AC travel charger or DC car charger making it just as useful on the grid as off.
- Charge times: Battery will be fully charged from 7 hours of direct sun, 5.5 hours from USB port on laptop or optional DC or AC
- Capacity: 3,000mAh, 11 Watt hour capacity
- Output: 5.5V, 600mA via USB port
- Input: 4.8-12V, 650 mA
- Connect to Devices via the USB Port or 9 standard adapters
The product will recharge all these handheld electronic devices and thousands more. Connect any USB charger direct to the battery's USB port or select from 9 included adapters. This is a short list of some of the more popular phones and handheld devices. If you have a question about compatibility with your device or expected charge times, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apple: iPhone 1G, 2G, 3G, 3GS, 4G, iPod Touch, Classic, Nano, Shuffle, iPad (limited) A BlackBerry: Bold 9700, Curve 8520, Pearl 8130, Storm 9530,A Tour 9630 Dell: Mini 3i Flip: SlideHD, MinoHD, UltraHD HTC: Eris, Evo, HD2, Hero, Incredible, myTouch 3G Garmin: Oregon, Dakota, and zumo Series, eTrex with nuvi with Garmin's power cable LG: Chocolate, Incite Kodak: zi6, zi8 Motorola: Backflip, Droid Nintendo: DS with a USB charging cable Nokia: N72, N900, N97 Mini, X3, X6 Samsung: Instinct, Mythic, Rogue Palm: Pre, Pre Plus Sony: PSP TomTom: XL, XXL and GO Series
In addition, you can adjust the Voltage output of the solar panels from 6V to 12V. The 12V setting is suitable for charging larger 7.4V DSLR camera batteries. You will need an optional camera battery cradle that supports the specific battery in your camera.
Voltaic Keep it Running Warranty:
Voltaic Systems solar panels and bags are warrantied for defects in materials or workmanship for two years from the date of purchase. Batteries are warrantied for one year from the date of purchase. Battery cells generally operate for 300-500 charge cycles, so there is a more limited life.
Voltaic Systems will repair or replace any components that fail in normal use during this time period. After this period, they will replace any part for 30% of the retail price as long as the part is in stock and that proof is provided that you purchased the bag new. You will be responsible for any transportation cost. This warranty does not cover failures due to abuse, misuse, accident or unauthorized alterations or repairs. Voltaic Systems will refund purchases returned within 30 days in new condition.
We want you to get many years of productive use from Voltaic products. This is good for the environment as you are generating off-grid power and not buying new products that require energy to produce. To make sure their products last, Voltaic uses rugged fabric and makes strong panels that can withstand the rigors of everyday use. In addition, most of their products are modular which means you can easily swap in a replacement part if one component fails.
* Due to the size of the iPad battery, a full charge will not be obtained as readily as on standard handheld devices.
This item is available for shipping within the United States only.