Thinkbaby Baby Bottles were introduced to address the concern of chemicals leaching from consumer products. Many baby bottles use polycarbonate, which contains the harmful substance BPA. This substance can actually leach out of the baby bottle, and as little ones systems are still in a state of development they have very little defense against foreign chemicals.
While many companies have emerged to offer BPA Free baby bottles, many bottles not only still contain BPA despite saying BPA Free (see Health Canada study), but many companies have also landed on untested materials just because the material claims to be free of BPA.
The new Thinkbaby Starter Set is the perfect gift or start set for any parent. The set includes 2 polypropylene 5oz baby bottles outfitted with cross cut slow flow nipples (designed for 0 to 3 months). The set also contains 2 polypropylene 9oz baby bottles with medium flow nipples (designed for 3 to 6 months). Finally 2 fast flow nipples (designed for 6 to 12 months) are also included. All of the nipples features a special anti-colic design.
With the starter set, you get every speed of nipple (all nipples are labeled Level 1, 2 and 3 for easy identification). This will provide you with the ability to see which flow rate works best for your little one, as all children feed at different rates. This also means that if you purchase this for a gift, you won't have to concern yourself with making sure that you've purchased the appropriate product.
Simply creating a baby bottle that was safe just wasn’t enough. Thinkbaby went the extra mile to create a bottle that solved many parental complaints. For example, most bottles on the market contain venting systems. However, the system on this kit is built right into the nipple. There are no extra pieces to clean or potentially lose. The nipple is also No Spill due to its cross cut design. This eliminated a large amount of mess that occurs during feeding. It also mimics the way children feed during breastfeeding, as it requires them to apply pressure and nurse to receive fluid.
Thinkbaby used a little forward thinking and designed the bottles to be convertible into an award winning Sippy Cup. Most parents have between 8 to 16 baby bottles. And when it comes time to move to sippy cup they have to go out and spend a lot of money to acquire them, while also having to toss out all of the old baby bottles which are then destined for landfills. With the conversion kit, parents can simply convert their existing baby bottles into a Sippy Cup. This not only saves you money but it also saves the environment from excess waste. Once parents are ready to move on to regular cups, the baby bottles can simply be recycled after use, as they are made from No. 5 plastic.
You may also notice that these bottles do not use clear plastic windows. These windows are often made from PET or PVC. It doesn’t make sense to take a safe baby bottle, and then put it up against something that can off gas onto the product.
Thinkbaby bottles are dishwasher safe (Top Rack recommended). Please take care not to wipe the measurement markings. Lead is not used in the paint, which is what predominately makes paint stick. The US and EU standards actually allow for low levels of lead. Thinkbaby specifically avoids lead in their products.
When washing the baby bottles in the dishwasher, a detergent that is free of chlorine is recommended. Most of the natural detergents on the market from Eco Lever to Seventh Generation should be free of toxic chemicals. If hand-washing, the American Pediatrics Association suggests using warm soapy water, but only if you live in an area with treated water systems.
Before first use:
Sterilize the bottles in boiling water for 2 to 5 minutes before first use. Sterilizers are not recommended, as it cannot be guaranteed that the ones on the market were made with safe materials. While the baby bottles are technically microwave safe, it is strongly recommended that parents do away with the use of microwaves for all items and products destined for your little one.
To prepare the nipple for first use, please squeeze the top of the nipple and the venting tube. You will want to make sure that both open properly. When tightening down the collar of the bottle, do not over tighten, as this will reduce the amount of airflow into the baby bottle.
The collar, bottle and top are all made from polypropylene (No. 5. Plastic). The nipple is made from medical grade silicone. Baby bottle nipples and spouts made from silicone will typically last 2 to 3 months prior to needing replacement. If you notice tears or breakage, discontinue use and replace.
The venting systems work by allowing air to travel back into the baby bottle. Movement of air back into the baby bottle allows the bottle’s internal pressure to reach equilibrium. This reduces the amount of suction required to get fluid out of the baby bottle. Research shows that having a venting system reduces the incidence of gas and spit up, as children take in less air when drinking when venting systems are present. While most modern baby bottles have some sort of venting system, the advantage to Thinkbaby’s system is that it is build right into the baby bottle nipple. So there are no extra parts to deal with and its easy to clean.
- Free of - Bisphenol-A (BPA), phthalates, nitrosamines, lead, PVC, PET, Tritan and biologically harmful chemicals.
- No Spill nipple!!! – features our cross cut design. The design also mimics natural breastfeeding as it requires your little one to nurse to receive fluid.
- Anti-colic nipple – helps reduce incidence of gas and spit up. Unique one-piece design eliminates cleaning headaches and tricky assembly. No extra parts to lose.
- Extra soft, medical grade silicone - provides easier transition from breastfeeding to bottle feeding.
- Comes with slow flow nipples (Designed for 0 to 3 months). Also available Medium Flow (3 to 6 months) and Fast Flow nipples (6 to 12 months).
- The transformational line - The thinkbaby system allows parents to transform baby bottles to our award winning Sippy Cup through purchase of the Conversion Kit. The system saves parents money and the environment from discarding baby bottles when it’s time for the next stage in feeding.
- Comes with Travel Top – reduces chance of spillage during travel and protects the nipple from coming into contact with foreign substances.
- Dishwasher safe (Top rack recommended).
- Eco-friendly – Baby bottles are made from materials that can be recycled after use. Does not leach chemicals to adversely affect the environment.
- Best of all though is that this set is priced better than most two packs of bottles!!! Plus you get a total of 6 nipples!!!
- Recommended by - Healthy Child Healthy World, Safbaby, ZRecommends and MetroMoms
- 2 - 5oz polypropylene baby bottles outfitted with cross cut slow flow nipples (designed for 0 to 3 months)
- 2 - 9oz polypropylenebaby bottles with medium flow nipples (designed for 3 to 6 months)
- 2 - medical grade silicone fast flow nipples (designed for 6 to 12 months)