EcoPaper, a division of Costa Rica Natural Paper Company, offers a sustainable replacement to the wasteful paper products that are already overused in our society on a daily basis.Costa Rica Natural Paper Company is the first company in the history of the paper industry to create and market treeless paper of a superior quality. Every page of Costa Rica Natural’s EcoPaper is smooth, acid-free, durable, chemical-free, and made in the lush mountains of Costa Rica. With great satisfaction, Costa Rica Natural has developed an innovative and economically feasible option for the removal of the 230,000 tons of agro-industrial waste that are dumped yearly in Costa Rica alone. EcoPaper’s main purpose is to create a new, unique paper with an attitude of serenity and character for every customer who wants to embark on an eco-friendly adventure.
Costa Rica Natural Paper Company are the first eco-friendly brand of paper that only uses recycled materials and does not add to the destruction of endangered forests. Secondly, we are based on the principles of fair trade and sustainable production by relying on partnerships among first and third world businesses.
Amongst many environmental worries related to the manufacturing of traditional paper, we can mention:
• Biodiversity loss
• Replacement of natural or primary woods by tree plantations
• The insufficient use of waste paper and fibers that do not come from wood
• The domain of large scale mills that have a great political influence
• The continuous use of chlorine as a bleach
• Insufficient research regarding alternative technologies to produce paper in a cleaner way
• High levels of paper use which are not sustainable, specially in rich countries
• Systems of paper recollection and exports of paper impact the way of living of paper collectors in poor countries
• Excessive demand of transport in the commercial cycle of paper
• The hidden subsidies that promote the use of wood fiber rather than alternative fibers.
Results 1 - 8 of 8
Results 1 - 8 of 8